I write books and stories for adults and children.
My most recent books have been set in the world of Doctor Who, working with the team at Candy Jar Publishing on the Lucy Wilson Mysteries and the extended Haisman Universe.
My book “Lucy Wilson: Curse of the Mirror Clowns”, the second book in the Lucy Wilson Mysteries series, was shortlisted for a Scribe Award in the Best Young Adult category by the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers in 2019.
Since writing Curse of the Mirror Clowns I have twice returned to the Lucy Wilson universe with short stories written for the Lineage collection and for Candy Jar’s Lucy Wilson Christmas Special.
Prior to this, my published books for adults include The Magpye, a superhero/horror genre mash-up, two short story collections, and working as a contributor to the award winning horror anthology Shadows and Teeth.
I am currently working on my book for Candy Jar, “The George Kostinen Mystery”
Working with critically acclaimed artist Stuart “Stu.Art” Tipples, I am one-half of the comic-creating studio Monkeys with Machineguns. As well as publishing our own horror comics and anthologies, we have worked with leading UK and US indie comic studios such as Arcana, Metaverse, The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel, 2026 Books, Accent UK, Something Wicked, The Sorrow, The Mad Scientist Journal, KZine, Wilde Times, Another Realm, 10thology, Midnight Hour, and Insomnia Publications. This multi-faceted career also led to chance encounters with artists and creators who would go on to become leading lights in the comics industry such as Nicola Scott and Christian Ward.
My comics career highlight was when our short story “Lights Out” was published in the Judge Dredd Megazine.
I then went on to create the graphic novel “The Dark”, working with US-based artist Rick Lundeen, which was published by Markosia. Referred to as “The Punisher Meets Vanilla Sky” by SFX and highly rated by a number of comics reviewers, The Dark was selected by Sony as a flagship release for their online comics service for the Playstation Portable.
- I wrote this for Terry Cooper’s “Metaverse” anthology. Now that was a great book – you can still snag a copy on Amazon if…
- Originally from the pages of Monkeys with Machineguns Issue 2. Illustrated by the peerless Stuart Tipples.
- There were four blocks of flats, thirteen stories each, arranged around a set of abandoned gardens. The shape, the specific shape of the towers…
- I wrote The Clockwork Occultist for the anthology “Victoriana” to be published by Accent UK. Sadly the anthology never saw the light of day,…
- This story was Monkeys with Machineguns contribution to Accent UK’s “Robots” Anthology.